Sunday, April 24, 2011

Miss India wants to work with both SRK and Aamir



After winning the Miss India International crown, Ankita Shorey has set her sights on the Bollywood and has both Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan on her wish-list of co-stars.

The 24-year-old model says films are her first love, and she wants to live out her life in front of the cameras. “Acting is and will always be my first love. Even before I won the pageant, I was working towards becoming an actress, and the crown will hopefully ease my way a bit,” Ankita told PTI.

Ankita, who has already shared screen space with King Khan in an advertisement for a cosmetics brand, said Shah Rukh had an immense commercial appeal, while Aamir had an “experimental edge.”

“I want to live my entire life on the big screen and want to work with all the top names in the industry. I love both Shah Rukh and Aamir. Aamir is a fearless actor who experiments a lot, while Shah Rukh has an unparalleled commercial success. SRK just sweeps you off the feet with his charm,” she said.

She reckoned that it was the best time to be a newcomer in the Bollywood as the industry had spawned various genres to choose from.

“We have everything from typical ‘masala' song and dance to experimental films coming out of the industry. That gives an aspiring actor a lot of opportunity, and more than anything I want to prove my versatility,” Ankita said, citing the example of the former Miss India, Priyanka Chopra.

“She has done everything, from a Dostana to a Saat Khoon Maaf, and I aspire to do the same.”

Ankita, who attended a Buddhist monastery after studying history, said her early years equipped her well for life in the fast lane.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grocery Coupons